Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Networking, Non profits and Katie the Carlady

I think in all of of us is the feeling of "wanting to help". Whether it is sending a donation to a local charity, supporting a friend in a walk, silent auction, raffle ticket sales or sponsorship. Most people want to participate in what is good! That to me is the beauty of getting involved in non profits and fundraising while meeting new people and networking. I am involved in two non profits, Taste of Hudson in the city I live in. Also Recovery resources of Cleveland. I am passionate about both, but for different reasons.
Taste of Hudson is a non profit I got involved with 2.5 years ago with the intention of just trying to network and start the Luxury Auto Show. What I realized once I stepped in and got involved was all the GOOD that this organization does. All the money that stays in the community to help Summit County and so many local children and groups. I have met so many great people who do to tons of work to make this event happen. That right there is a great bonus. It also taps into the networking aspect. When you go into these events with an unselfish agenda, the rewards will come. They may not be in the time that you want them, but they will come.
Taste of Hudson is held on Labor day week end. This year it is September 2-3 2012. It is their 8th year. When the 35000 people come strolling through Hudson to eat from the amazing restaurants, buy beautiful art, play with their children on the little tikes toys, visit the local vendors, listen to talented musicians and spend time with family and friends it makes a connection to enjoying life and helping others to enjoy life too.
I have learned that there are some things I am good at, and some things I need to leave to others in the group to do. I can use those qualities that I am good at to help the non profit, I am involved in. The business connections we make through the non profit can help us personally and the connections we already have can benefit your chosen nonprofit! Its a beautiful thing.
The volunteers that show up to make this event happen are outstanding. Again, from all over Hudson/Summit county get to network with others through giving of their time. Its the whole "givers gain" that BNI networking groups talk about. The more you give, the more you get! In business we need to remember that the paycheck we get can come different forms. Although we need it in $$$$ to help live and support our families, paychecks materialize in our lives through people and fulfillment. This is a direct result of helping others without an agenda.

Get involved in a non profit in your local area. You will be amazed how the rewards with materialize in your life! Also Check out the site to help Taste of Hudson.

www.tasteofhudson.com



No comments:

Post a Comment